Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nogne - O pt 2: Brown Ale


Ok, I’m continuing my NO love-in with their Brown Ale (Bottle-Conditioned, 4.5%abv). Remember last time - I said that I thought that their tastes lie more US that UK – well, Brown Ale confounded that one. Smooth in the body, dark ruby in colour, and with a gentle, spicy hoppiness rather than a massive kick to the face, this is one subdued, elegant Brown, rather than the steroid-pumped, chest beating US Brown that I expected.
There’s a slight creaminess to the body, and a residual sweetness that makes this one very smooth, drinkable beer, with a whisper of smoke at the end of the sip. This is one beer I would love to try on tap and can imagine many a cold night in Norway was soothed along with such a wholesome beer as this. Again, it’s Brown Ale, but a new version, and I quite enjoyed it. Not as much as the IPA though!
All in all, NO push all the right buttons for me - passionate about beer enough to make a life out of it, and stamping their own mark on styles as they go along. Here’s the second part of Greg Koch's NO video for you to get the full experience; showing off their wonderful looking brewhouse and larder. I’m off to go order some more; from their site, I can see there’s plenty more out there for me to try. Do check the site out, it's full of info for any NO nerd. Recommendations are welcome, guys.


2 comments:

Alistair Reece said...

Nogne O beers are superb, simple as.

Hopefully this year's Christmas Ale will be readily available in this neck of the woods!

Bethany (Dirty Kitchen Secrets) said...

Hello Leigh,

I just discovered your blog through. My name is Bethany and I write the blog Dirty Kitchen Secrets here in London. A few other bloggers and I are organizing a conference on Food Blogging on the 28th of November, 2009 in London.

We would love it if you could join us. We are also having guest speakers talk about relevant issues to Food Blogging such as "How To Improve On Food Photography" or "What Makes A Good Food Blog" amongst others. In any case, it will be an opportunity to meet other food bloggers, some of which are coming from France, Germany & India. It's a great time to network, eat delicious food and have a good laugh.

For more information please visit http://www.dirtykitchensecrets.com/food-blogger-connect-its-time-we-met/

We hope to see you there.
Bethany-Dirty Kitchen Secrets
(and the other organisers, Mowie Kay- Mowielicious, Jamie Schler- Life's a Feast & Hilda Saffari- Saffron & Blueberry)